About Me

Was I only 5 when I gathered the neighborhood kids together (total of 3) and began directing fairy tales? I had this innate ability to land the lead in Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White while my cohorts were doomed to play sullied stepsisters, spindle-wielding witches and apple-bearing stepmothers. As I packed the fairy tales away for reading Pulitzer Prize plays and best selling literary works, it was my love for images, my affection for words and my adoration for the story that drew me from actress to director to writer. Captured in a world of words and driven to invite the reader on a redemptive journey, I am committed to explore the condition of humanity, assemble the puzzle pieces of plot and find a way to tell my tale.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Watch for the novel!

Coming in August--the novel, Experiment Station Road, available on Kindle, Nook, I-Pad and most places you read electronically. Share your thoughts about the novel! I want to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to read the novel, especially after seeing the play. What a beautiful representation of the struggles the migrant workers had while just trying to make ends meet. The prejudice, lack of compassion, and disregard many had for those from another country saddens my heart. The play was extremely well written. Funny, heartfelt, sad, and thought- provoking. I expect nothing less from the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KMitchell--

    Glad your following the progress of the book after seeing the play! While the play dealt with six specific stories, the novel covers points of view from other Hayford Citizens. You will also have the opportunity to watch Ellen Merrill grow up and find her voice--always quirky and hopefully profound.

    Looking forward to your comments once the novel is read!
    GM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About the Book:
    Gwen courageously confronts the reality of prejudice, while artistically weaving together a love story between seemingly forbidden lovers. I am ever impressed at the descriptive quality of Gwen Mansfield's writing. She is able to create a world within the pages of her novel that not only draws me in, but asks the hard questions that other novels of prejudice only hint at. Experiment Station Road is gem for anyone interested in the history of migrant workers, the hope for those that believe in hard work, or the beauty of true love conquering all, even prejudice.
    Read this book! Allow yourself to invest in the characters, change with them as they discover the true meaning of freedom, the nobility of acceptance and the fulfillment of grace. You won't be disappointed, I promise you that!

    ReplyDelete